This proposal reflects updates in vision and change from the original proposal, to move from just one video shoot into a more fully comprehensive video strategy in addition to multiple smaller video projects.
Hello team at The Creek!
I was so excited to be asked to be part of capturing this month’s leadership retreat and using my skills to help tell the story of what God is doing in The Creek’s community. Below is a proposal illustrating the work I’ll do, the value of the project, and an outline of timeline and costs to tell this story effectively.
I look forward to working together!
Scope Of Work
Create a High-Level Vision and Strategy for how The Creek utilizes Video Production for Ministry, Discipleship, and Community.
There’s more to life than just having good video production, it’s about using those videos to drive the engagement the church is looking for. For many brands this might look like increasing subscriber count and getting more sales, but for the church, the goal is to move people more deeply into Discipling relationships with Jesus Christ and the community of believers at Spring Creek Baptist Church. To do this, we will:
- Host a 1-2 hour strategy call
Capture the Leadership Retreat Experience
Spiritual retreats are a unique moment in time. A group of people meets and encounters God in a specific place and time. To best highlight this kind of experience, I’ll focus on both capturing footage of the sessions as they take place, but also hear stories of those who attended and their reactions in real time.
This type of work includes:
- Determining what gear is needed to capture both video and audio at the highest quality.
- Capture compelling b-roll of the retreat in multiple frame rates.
- Capturing short testimonials of people’s reactions to what God is doing at the retreat.
- Making a plan for clean audio capture to feature live content and reactions in the final cut.
Create a Compelling Story through Editing
After the event, I’ll work through the footage to tell the overall story of what happened at the retreat. This story will not only let those who couldn’t attend see what happened, but inspire others to engage in future leadership retreats.
The editing phase will consist of:
- Going through all the footage to craft a compelling story including snippets of both audio and video from the retreat.
- Cutting audio to enhance the emotional moments of the event, including selecting and licensing any music needed.
- Using custom motion graphics to add energy, clarity, and highlight the reactions of attendees.
Timeline & Deliverables
Between Mid-September and May 2023 we will work to complete the following:
- In late September, Alex will shoot and produce a video capturing the Leadership Retreat.
- During October and November, we will host a few strategy meetings to cast vision for video production and determine what other videos we would like to create. (Alex and his wife Hannah are having their second child in early November, so filming during November would be limited).
- We will create a schedule for which potential videos we would like to capture between now and May and develop a communications plan for how to best use those videos.
- For any video we create together, we will use the following steps (inherited from the original proposal):
- Once the video is shot, Alex will begin
- We will meet for a strategy meeting to talk through the vision for video production and determine what might be the best
- Follow up strategy calls.
- Alex will work with Makeda to finalize the plan for capturing the late September leadership event. Details Include:
- Alex will capture footage and audio of all sessions during the retreat and capture testimonials from those attending the event.
- The Creek will provide any design assets (brand style guides, etc) to Alex and give direction on music selection.
- After the event I’ll work through the footage and put together a draft of the video.
- I’ll upload this draft to an online service where you can view and make comments to confirm the video is heading in the right direction.
- From there, I’ll continue to flesh out the edits and add graphics, color, and motion graphics to bring the project to life.
- We’ll have 1-2 more revisions after this to finalize any of the small details.
- Once we’re done with the final revisions, I’ll prep everything for export and final delivery!
- After everything has been successfully delivered, I’ll confirm the videos are working in the proper places and then wrap up the project with a final invoice.
- 4-6 Videos captured from leadership retreats and any other content generated from the strategy session.
- One 2-3 minute recap video to be used for web/social/worship use.
- 3-5 exports of clips to be used for social media and other short-form use cases.
Pricing & Payment
For this updated proposal, we would be looking around $9500 for vision & strategy as well as the 4-6 produced videos. There are a few payment options we could explore between 4 even payments of $2375 spread over a few months, or a $1000 monthly payment with an initial $1500 deposit invoiced on October 1.
Additionally, there is room for flexibility to adjust the project length and/or the amount of videos.
- I would love to hear your thoughts and if you have any questions. We can either chat over email or I’d be happy to set up a call for anyone who would like to be involved.
- Once the team feels ready to move forward, I can generate a contract and the first invoice and we’ll get to work!
I’m excited to capture and share part of The Creek’s journey!
Alex Sawyer Productions Alex@alexandersawyer.com 804-477-5617